In terms of transcontinental premium products, American Airlines currently offers a better overall product than either Delta or United. This review covers my journey from JFK-LAX aboard American Airlines 777-200 in business concern class.

American Airlines 777-200 Business Form Review

After clearing clearing in Final 8, we were met by National Guard troops who were collecting contact tracing information. However, when I mentioned that nosotros were simply connecting to Los Angeles, nosotros were waived on.

Upstairs, we re-cleared security in what was a very quiet afternoon.

After a few hours in the Admirals Club, we boarded our flight to Los Angeles. With kids in tow, we were among the commencement to board.

American Airlines 3
New York (JFK) – Los Angeles (LAX)
Midweek, January half dozen
Depart: 06:10PM
Arrive: 09:32PM
Duration: 06hr, 22min
Aircraft: Boeing 777-200
Seat: 8H (Business Class)

I was a lot more thankful for the upgrade on this flight than the longer London to New York flight. Information technology was late, we were all tried, and the plan was to sleep.

Seat

American Airlines offers two business class products on the 777-200. One is Safran (Zodiac) seat that alternates betwixt forward and rear facing. I hear these are not the most comfortable, though have not tried them. The other is the Rockwell Collins (B/E) Super Diamond seat, which my flying featured.

Business class is divided into 2 cabins with a full of 37 lie-flat seats, featuring seat pitch of threescore inches and width of 21 inches. In sleeping mode, the bed is 81 inches long. The pictures above are from the rear cabin, where I was seated. I grabbed one film of the forward motel subsequently landing:

While I don't call up it is any better for sleeping than most other business class flat bed products, I dear that there is plenty of space and personal storage.

I do adopt the reverse herringbone Cirrus Business Class (also made by Safran) available on the 777-300ER because the tray table does not invade your knee space.

Like an international flight, Casper bedding was available including a thick duvet and plush pillow. Afterward the repast service, I spent about of the flight trying to sleep, with the fundamental word being trying. More on that beneath.

My son sabbatum across the alley from me, always preferring a window seat:

Amenity Kit

APL branded assiduities kits were disturbed prior to takeoff. Contents included:

  • Center shade
  • Tissues
  • Dental kit
  • Earplugs
  • Zenology hand lotion
  • Zenology lip balm

Lavatory

I used the lavatory before sleeping and found it roomy and clean. In that location were no extra amenities.

Food + Potable

One (very small-scale) upside to the pandemic is that repast service commences immediately afterwards takeoff and is quickly complete. While an extended repast service with each grade served separately is fun on a daytime flight in international first class, on a belatedly-evening transcontinental flight I just wanted to eat and sleep.

Kickoff came pistachios and biscoff with option of drink. While I e'er loved mixed nuts, especially when they are served warm, a bag of unshelled pistachios is really a treat. I ordered club soda to drink but also took a couple bottles of Aviation-branded gin dwelling to add to my mini-bar (I should do a split up postal service on that…)

Menus were distributed and I was impressed to see four dinner choices:

Flight attendants served meals via cart. I ordered salmon while my son Augustine ordered chicken. My wife, seated on the other side of the cabin with the babe, also ordered chicken.

When unwrapping Augustine's chicken, I noticed information technology was not craven at all, but pasta. The pasta (spinach and ricotta rotolo with pesto and pine nuts) looked really delicious, only Augustine had eaten enough carbs so we swapped information technology for chicken.

The chicken had an Asian-season and was seriously delicious and tasted fresh and zip like the condom chicken oftentimes served on airplanes.

Later on ensuring Augustine was comfortable, I returned to my seat and unwrapped my salmon, served with vegetables, rice, and herb butter.

I must again give American Airlines high accolades for the great meal. The burrata appetizer and fifty-fifty the bread whorl were tasty and the salmon was excellent (actually much improve than my salmon on the same route a couple years earlier).

After the meal service, flight attendants set snacks in a buffet expanse that included:

  • Chocolate fleck cookies
  • Parmasean crisps
  • Fig bars
  • Biscoffs
  • Pistachios
  • Beefiness jerky
  • Pringles
  • H2o bottles

What a nice selection of snacks! Far meliorate than the snack baskets on United Airlines.

I slept for the last couple hours of the flight, so not certain if the cookies (pictured above) were warmed. Doubtful, though.

IFE

My 4-year-old son picked upward where had left off on the London to New York flying, continuing to watch the same 22-minute Disney drawing over and over again. Each time, he continued to express mirth…though information technology did not have him long to fall asleep subsequently during dinner.

I briefly checked out the in-flying-entertainment library, which included:

  • Boob tube shows
  • Games
  • Movies
  • Music
  • AA's in-flight "American Way" magazine

I besides liked that the IFE included the full beverage menu:

Bang & Olufsen noise-cancelling headphones work quite well.

Children's Mask Incident

At that place was some other family in business form with a young boy and girl. Extremely cute. But neither could proceed a mask on. The girl was four year olds and the three-yr-old boy was the biggest "ane-yr-erstwhile" I've ever seen.

The kids were screaming and would not sit withal. It fabricated me await at my two children and smile, though it'south not like Augustine has not had a few bad flights over the years…

The kids were constantly up and about (with the parents) during the flight. At one point, a flight attendant told the mother to ensure her girl had a mask. The mother, clearly frazzled, noted that she would non keep it on.

Rather than divert the flight or threaten to phone call the police, the flying bellboy but shrugged and moved on.

Thank y'all for the common sense!

The screaming and crying certainly did interrupt my nap, though!

Service

There was no "Julie" on this flight that provided unparalleled service. And so over again, the cabin was occupied at 35/37 so it was quite a dissimilar surround.

I noticed i interaction between the flight attendant and passenger in front of my son that raised my eyebrows. The passenger had trouble hearing the flight attendant because she (rudely) did not take off her noise-cancelling headphones. Only rather than waiting patiently or motioning for her to remove her headphones, the flying bellboy got exasperated.

But the aforementioned flight bellboy was very kind to my son and me and I am thankful the flight coiffure did not go militant in enforcing the mask policy on the two small children.

Decision

We landed ahead of schedule in Los Angeles and had a brusk taxi to the gate. This was another great flight on American Airlines. I especially appreciated that American Airlines even so offers a very nice meal service onboard. I recommend business class on AA 777-200 without reservations.